About a month ago, my friend Tiffany (another one of the awesome teachers at my school) e-mailed to ask me when they would get to meet Nathan. I e-mailed her back and said, "I'm not sure when you'll meet Nathan... but if things keep going well, there will probably be a day where I convince him to come and volunteer in kindergarten. Now that's true love." Her e-mail back simply said, "Ha! Yes that is!!!!!!!!"
Well, today was the day! Nathan volunteered for the whole morning session of kindergarten. I had him write down kindergarten spotlights, play letter games and math games with the kids, and then he got to join with the kids in center time. I'm glad he could stay for center time. Let's be honest, it's the best part of the day! Right now, my dramatic play area is set up as an airport. We have a ticket station (the children have to write out their own destinations on their tickets), a large map, suitcases, and our own "airplane," complete with seats for a pilot, copilot, and four passengers.
Today, there were four boys sent to the airport, and Nathan chose to join those four boys for the time of their life. I don't know if there really is anything much cuter than a grown man playing with children.... nope, can't think of much. I think the thing that I took the most delight in seeing was the complete adoration on the boys' faces. They were thrilled.
Well, today was the day! Nathan volunteered for the whole morning session of kindergarten. I had him write down kindergarten spotlights, play letter games and math games with the kids, and then he got to join with the kids in center time. I'm glad he could stay for center time. Let's be honest, it's the best part of the day! Right now, my dramatic play area is set up as an airport. We have a ticket station (the children have to write out their own destinations on their tickets), a large map, suitcases, and our own "airplane," complete with seats for a pilot, copilot, and four passengers.
Today, there were four boys sent to the airport, and Nathan chose to join those four boys for the time of their life. I don't know if there really is anything much cuter than a grown man playing with children.... nope, can't think of much. I think the thing that I took the most delight in seeing was the complete adoration on the boys' faces. They were thrilled.
3 comments:
He sounds like a keeper! I'm glad things are going so well!
And let's face it, men are just tall baby boys. Zach has a hard time letting the kids play with their toys - I can just see him itching to have his own turn! Boys are funny!
Hmmm, interesting. I guess it was a good idea for him to volunteer then? Had I known, I seriously would have found a way to volunteer sooner!
Oh, and I decided to start a Blog...you're right, they are much more entertaining then Facebook.
It seems as if you didn't update your blog after all...
Maybe you don't feel comfortable writing whatever you want? Hmmm, I guess I should have waited to tell you that I had found it...;-)
Post a Comment