Yesterday morning was Valentine's Day for my kindergartners. We were all super excited about the Pretty Princess and cool Transformer Valentine's Day cards. I put up red streamers over the door where the kids come in and put out their Valentine envelopes. I even dolled myself up in pink and red like a true elementary school teacher.
Nathan didn't forget this special occasion either. Instead, he came in early to surprise me- and surprise me he did! I knew he was coming because he called me the night before to tell me not to eat breakfast. What I didn't expect is that he would get the teacher next door to let him into my classroom. So, I show up at school a few minutes later than I planned, as usual. I go to open my door of my normally empty classroom, and there is Nathan standing right there with flowers, chocolates, and a big fuzzy teddy bear. It scared me so much, I let out a shriek! He brought me breakfast of toaster strudels and chocolate milk and we ate our breakfast in my tiny little kindergarten chairs.
I think he likes me.
My kids noticed the flowers when they came in and asked me who they were from. When I told them where they came from, one child said, "He's a nice guy." Another child chimed in, "Yeah, he is a nice guy."
2 comments:
Your boy sounds so sweet! What a cutie!
Also, I'm very glad to hear that you miss your kindergartners, Cadence is the kid who definitely needs her teacher to always be there and for predictability. She even asks her teacher what she's going to wear the next day so she can picture it. She is so shy that going to school gives her a great deal of anxiety - she loves it and is terrified of it all at the same time. I hope she gets a kindergarten teacher like you!
You SO need to update your blog now. Although..maybe you just haven't had much to update lately. Who knows?
Post a Comment