Sunday, August 31, 2008

Barney's Going to School


This weekend is Labor Day, and so, in preparation for the labor that I need to put in on Monday in order to be ready for school, I just played this weekend.

Friday I had a sleepover with Juliana at my house! It's been a long time since I've had a sleepover and I had a great time. She also helped me out with some of my school stuff (three cheers for volunteers!)

Saturday, my family got together to go swimming in Bountiful and have a barbecue. Ian and I mostly just rode down the water slide together. Ian got really fast at it, and we decided it had to do with the extra pounds he's carrying. He had a pretty smooth ride.

That evening, Mom and I went out into the garage to find some toys for my classroom. Ian came out and found his Barney doll, the one that he was attached to as a two year old. He was really excited about it, "This doll was like half my size. I loved this doll!" He was so excited, he's taking it to school on Monday. That's right... he's a junior in high school and he's taking his Barney doll. That takes one very secure sixteen year old to take a Barney doll to school. He promised to take pictures.

By the way, Ian has started his own blog www.thelifeoftheboy.blogspot.com.

We're still awaiting his first post... but I know it's coming soon! (hint hint)

No comments: