At parent teacher conferences a few weeks ago, I was asked by a parent, "could you please send home a reminder next time there is a day off of school? This last Friday, I had no idea there wasn't any school."
I thought this was an interesting comment, but tried to be kind in my response...
"Did you get this newsletter that I sent home at the beginning of the month?"
"Yes, I did get that."
"Okay, well, if you look right here under the announcements, you'll see that I have listed any days that we do not have school that month, including the day last week. Also, there's a calendar on the back of the newsletter that also marks those days. I always send this home each month, so keep an eye out for that. If you miss that though, I also put it on the homework. Did you get Kayla's homework last week?"
"Yes, I always read through her homework."
"Well, it's was written there to remind you to return the homework earlier this week. Also, have you gotten the school newsletter?"
"Yes, I did get that."
"They also put a list of important dates in the school newsletter. In fact, the school also sent home a neon pink note last week reminding the parents about the days off of school."
"I don't think I got that."
"Okay, well it's also listed on the marquee in front of the school, and if all else fails, the school calendar that was sent home at the beginning of the year is also on the school website, and I also have our kindergarten calendar on our class website that has all of the dates listed on there."
"I don't have the internet."
Immediately I wondered, "But can you read?" and then realized that this is probably my fault. Maybe I should have sent something home. :)
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment