We're getting a house, and we had our offer accepted! When that happened, Nathan called the school, and they used the intercom to tell me. I answered with a big "Woo hoo!" When my kids asked me about it, I told them that their teacher was buying a house so that now she'll have a place to live when she gets married.
"Does that mean we call you Mrs. Molar now?"
For some reason, my students don't quite get how this whole marriage/change your name thing works. I am often asked this question... when I got engaged, when Nathan comes to visit, and when we decide to buy a house. And even more than that, they can't say Mulder... I'm going to be called after a large tooth for a large portion of my life. And my initials will be ARM. *sigh*
Even better than that though is that the name is Dutch, and my grandma knows how to say it and I can't. That's right... as of June 18th, my "I know how to say my own name" skills will be gone. Gone! It really is a big blow to your confidence when you realize you can't pronounce your own name.
That's okay, Rick can't say it either. :)
Monday, April 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment