Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Meshach Adventures


My car is named Meshach. This came about because of The Boy. I came home and told him that I wanted to name my car and that he should help me name it. His response (in his Napoleon voice) was, "When I name things, I like to go Biblical." So, we named it Meshach. But then, how do you convince everyone else to call the car Meshach? Well, I'll tell you how. We decided that when anyone asked me or Ian about the car, we would answer, "You mean Meshach?" And the other one, hearing this cue would respond by yelling "Meshach!!" in kind of a strained, excited voice. It caught on. In fact, a few days later, Mom said something about Meshach in the kitchen, and from the bathroom we heard the Boy's voice yelling, "Meshach!" We love Meshach.



Today, however, Meshach and I had an adventure. I went to a very long training for school. It was a good training, but I left feeling overwhelmed. I went to Wal-Mart to buy some things for my classroom. However, as I got out of Meshach, I somehow dropped her keys onto the seat, and then by habit, locked the doors. I left my meeting at 3:15. I went to Wal-Mart. After I bought the things I needed, I pondered my predicament, and called my mom about 5 thousand times. She didn't answer. I called my Aunt Allison for ideas. She did answer. I called the West Jordan police. They also answered, and told me they would send me an officer to help. I waited for an hour. By this time, it was 5:20 and I was really hot.
Well, those police officers definitely have some skills... some sweet door opening skills. About five minutes later, my keys were out, bless their hearts, and I was on my way! Woohoo!

1 comment:

Andrew Clarke said...

As you say in your profile; I like some childrens' books too, like "The Best Nest" and "Scuffy The Tugboat", which I read as a child and my children did too. But I wanted to ask: if you ever read 'teen fiction', or young adults, and like Christian novels, may I suggest one to try? "Outcasts Of Skagaray" is an action adventure fantasy which you can preview by reading the sample chapters on www.threeswans.com.au If you feel like visiting my site, it's http://threeswans.blogspot.com
I'd be thrilled if you read the book and enjoyed it, but whatever happens, I greet you in the Lord.