Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fat Teacher

My children are getting really good at getting into a circle for different classroom activities. Only, sometimes they don't leave any room for the teacher. Either that, or I have about half the class that just stand there, refusing to sit until I do so that they can all sit next to me... or on top of me. Well, today, they just forgot to leave me more than the amount of room they might leave for any one of their small friends. So, I told the children they needed to scoot over, commenting, "I'm a big, fat teacher; I'm going to need some more space than that." To which one little girl replied, "My mom's fat too." And another two offered, "My mom is too." "So's my mom."

I think I may keep those comments to myself when parent teacher conferences come around.

No comments: