So, Thursday I went to school with a little bit of a twinge in my back. I figured that I must have slept on it wrong, and didn't think too much of it. I went on with my life, including teaching very short people that we call kindergartners. By lunchtime, however, my back was killing me, and I tried to take a bit of a break during lunch to do some back exercises. However, that didn't work out since several parents decided to bring their children into school before the bell rang, and by the time I explained that they were early and why they had to go outside, my lunch break was over. By the end of the day, I could hardly move.
Friday, I went to school, but this time I called in a substitute to do all of my bending and stretching, and lifting and such. I was mostly a reassuring smile in the back corner that all was well. Many teachers told me I was an idiot... glad I have their support. And Friday afternoon, I went to the doctor.
I don't like doctors. They seem nice enough, but they always do things to you that are not nice. When they suggested giving me a shot, I told them "no, thanks." However, apparently my age (being 24 at the moment) does not actually give me authority over my own body. Instead, my Aunt Allison told me I was getting the shot and not to look since they were coming in with it right then. I got a nasty shot, as well as some intensive medication. All three bottles they gave me have nice little warnings on the side that read, "May cause drowsiness." To my body that is translated to, "May cause you to be knocked out like a light for the next 48 hours." So, in the last 48 hours, I have slept for 30 of those. That's a lot of sleeping!
Thanks to a wonderful cousin, Juliana that helped me type my lesson plans, and a fantastic family (including my cousin, McCall and my Aunt Allison...despite the fact that she was an advocate of the shot!) I'm doing much better and hope to be able to teach school in the morning. I'm just hoping that this medication doesn't knock me out like a light!
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh sweetie, are you ok?? I hope that you are back on your feet! How are you?
Post a Comment